It is already the end of August, although with the way the weather has been here in Southern Ontario you’d think it was the end of September. Since it is the end of the month, I should be reviewing my goals and setting new goals for September. But, honestly, I’m dead tired tonight so I’m going to put it off for a day or two. (Baby Man has a cold and is waking up in the middle of the night. And that means I’m also up in the middle of the night. It is getting a bit much.)
I have managed to get a few things done. First is The Sweetheart Tree’s Dizzy Busy Bees. The charm is one I bought from Artbeads.com, and is a little big for the design. But, overall I’m happy with it. I’ll be doing a cube finish with this, when I get a chance.
I’ve also put the finishing touches on the crocheted ninja I shared the other day.
And Cthulhu is finished! I finally managed to figure out how to do the tentacles. The problem was I thought the working yarn needed to come through the hole where the tentacle was going, but it didn’t. It was just one of those Duh! moments, and once I got my head around that it was just a matter of working in a small space with yarn that is a bit splity.
The eyes are handmade by me using Sculpty III polymer clay. They were easier to make than I expected, but they do look a little wonky. I think, though, they make Cthulhu look extra cute, and I am no longer afraid of the Old Ones. (If you are wondering who or what the heck Cthulhu is, here is a Wikipedia article.)
And, lastly, I have finished the back and two fronts of my Central Park Hoodie. Yay! I’ve seamed the shoulders and the sides and was able to try it on. I think it is going to look great. I haven’t started on the sleeves yet because I want to knit them in the round rather than flat, but I don’t have the right size dpns. So, they will have to wait a little while until I can get out and buy some.
Here’s a close-up of one of the side seams. I’m so glad I took that finishing class earlier in the summer. Note that the colour is way off in both of these pictures. For some reason I just can’t seem to capture it correctly. If you’d like to see the actual colour, you can do so here. It is colour Aubergine.
That’s it for today! I’m off to bed with a good book and hopes that everyone will sleep through the night. Tomorrow I’ll tackle my goals for September. I understand that there is a Châtelaine in the September issue of The Gift of Stitching. That just might cause me to rethink the priority of some other projects.