Ah, September. Even though I have been out of school for eight years now (!), it still feels like the start of a new year. The weather is cooling off (okay, we’ve actually had a really cool summer, but you get the idea), and it is much more pleasant to be outside. Fall is also just around the corner, and that is my favourite season. Overall, next to May, September is my favourite month of the year.
That, for some reason, brings me to my goals for August. This is what I said I wanted to do:
- Crochet all the bear pieces for this afghan my mom is making for Baby Man (so far I have five heads and half a body done)
- Make significant progress on Baby Man’s Christmas stocking
- Lose 3lbs (I mean it this time!!)
- Make progress on entrelac scarf (which I still need to share you all)
- No Stash!!
- Complete part 3 of Castles in the Air and start Part 4
- Start another pair of socks
- Think about Christmas gifts
- Finish crocheting the African violets
So, let’s see. I did finish all the bear pieces, a pair of socks (Lily of the Valley Socks), Castles in the Air Part 3 and the African violets. I made some progress on Baby Man’s Christmas stocking and on Part 4 of Castles in the Air. I thought about Christmas gifts and even started on just the other day. I made progress on the entrelac scarf, but decided it was ugly and frogged it. I bought no real stash, per say. (I did buy some yarn, but it is for projects I have been/will be working on. So, it isn’t just languishing in my stash. Honest.) And I lost 2.4 lbs this month, although I haven’t weighed myself in about a week, so I may have hit my 3 lbs goal.
I think that meeting all those goals is pretty awesome! And on top of all of that I also finished the crocheted ninja and Cthulhu, the water bottle holder, Dizzy Busy Bees and Swirlygig. I have some sewing to do this month to totally finish up Swirlygig, but the stitching is done. And, I made great progress on my Central Park Hoodie. Not to mention I read four really great books.
I have no idea what September will bring. I do know I have some work to do for my very part-time position with my job. I don’t foresee any more trips to the office though. Nor do I have any plans as of right now to take any classes or day trips. We shall see, of course.
My September goals are:
- Finish the toy sack and Christmas tree of Baby Man’s Christmas stocking
- Finish the sleeves of the Central Park Hoodie and make a start on the hood
- Finish Part 4 of Castles in the Air
- Work on Christmas gift I started at the end of August
- Finish the two-at-a-time socks
- Lose 3lbs
- Work on a couple more amigurumi projects
- Think some more about starting the Great American Aran Afghan (That’s for you, dianemi. I need to hunt down a copy of the book where the shipping isn’t half the cover price.)
I think that is more than enough to keep me busy! And with the Just Cross Stitch ornament issue due out this month, I suspect I will be adding a few more projects to my list.
I forgot to mention a couple of things in my post yesterday. Honestly, I was exhausted. I went to bed about 10 minutes after I posted it, and was sound asleep not to long later. Thankfully Baby Man didn’t wake up until 6:30 this morning, and I suspect it was because he had wet himself. Hopefully this waking up at ungodly hours is over. His cold seems to be going away, which may have been the cause.
Anyway, my crocheted ninja and Cthulhu are from the book Creepy Cute Crochet. The ninja is missing his ninja star because I wasn’t able to make it look nice. I’m not sure if it was me or the DMC Light Effects floss, or what. I might give it a try again later using Kreinik #4 braid. I didn’t glue his sash on too tightly so I could add the ninja star later if I wanted to.
I also forgot to mention that cross stitch designer Teresa Wentzler has started her blog up again. You can find it at the old address: Artistic License.
And, lastly, Dani (aka TKDChick) is asking for donations for her CIBC Run for the Cure. You can read more about it here. I decided to donate some of the money I had set aside to use for shopping at the CreativFestival. I figure that it is better spent helping to research a cure for breast cancer than it is on buying me more stash that I don’t really need. Please consider donating even if you aren’t Canadian. A cure for breast cancer will help us all.
So, what are your goals for September?