I’m sure a lot of you cross stitchers out there have heard about Crazy January. The idea, for those who don’t know, is to take the traditional guilt-free January to new extremes. So, instead of starting a new design or two, you start one new design for the first fifteen days of January. 15 start! Holy cow!
With a WIP list that contains well over forty entries, I couldn’t take part in Crazy January and still stay sane. But, that doesn’t mean that I haven’t given it a little bit of though. So, here’s what I would have stitched if I was crazy (or maybe I should say, crazier):
- Velveteen Rabbit by Lynn Nicoletti
- Gingerbread Stitching House by Victoria Sampler
- Growth Rings by Ink Circles
- Santa’s Dragon by Dragon Dreams
- Rapunzel by Teresa Wentzler
- Peacock Tapestry by Teresa Wentzler
- Stitcher’s Trove by Enchanting Lair
- Wheel of the Year by Joan Elliot
- Celtic Sewing Box by Enchanting Lair
- Living with Charm series by Lizzie*Kate
- Green Flip-It series by Lizzie*Kate
- one of the Brooke’s Books witches
- Yo Ho Ho Ho by Sue Hillis
- My Needle’s Work by Little House Needleworks
- Voodoo Girl by Haberdashery Designs
How’s that for an eclectic list? My tastes are varied, and all of these are things I would love to stitch really soon, but I know I probably won’t.
In coming up with this list, and thinking about how things go at Christmas, I’ve decided that I will be taking a few things off my “stitch it one day, hopefully soon” list: the stockings for myself, my husband and my parents. I love the stocking I made for Baby Man, but it is really small. So, at the after-Christmas sales this year, I picked up a nice selection of blue and silver stockings that rest of us can use. Maybe, one day when I have more time, I will knit everyone stockings. But, until then, store-bought for the adults and the cross stitch stocking for Baby Man are just fine.
So, anyone want to buy/trade for some Dimensions stocking kits?