Here it is, my finished version of the travelling pattern Life’s A Stitch by Lizzie*Kate:
It is stitched with one strand of silk over two threads on some 36 count white evenweave of some sort. The fibres are various silks from Dinky Dyes’ Oops Packs and Hand Dyed Fibres’ detritus packs. (The picture is a wee bit washed out, unfortunately.)
It was a very quick stitch. I started it on the afternoon of the 4th (and I may or may not of had a nap…) and was done by the evening of the 6th. That includes a trip to the doctor, a trip to get blood work done, a trip to the mall, time playing with the little man, and even some knitting time. In other words, I spent hardly any time at all stitching it.
So, if you would you like to be part of this new Travelling Pattern here are the rules:
- Comment on this post, saying you would like to be part of the Stitcherhood.
- You agree (if you are chosen) to stitch the design and send it along to the next person in a timely manner. If this means dropping everything in your rotation to concentrate on this project…so be it. If you can’t bring yourself to do this ~ don’t sign up.
- You must have an active blog to participate. If you have a blog but never post to it ~ you won’t be chosen to be the next stitcher.
- This is a giveaway-type Travelling Pattern. That means you must follow it from blogger to blogger to enter each time it is ready to send along. Commenting on this post doesn’t make you a guaranteed part of the Stitcherhood.
The Travelling Pattern has been stitched by:
- Angela, Hooked on Stitches, Ontario, Canada (her version)
- Elisa, Old Ragged Threads, York, United Kingdom (her version)
- Loretta, Loretta’s Stitching Blog, Manitoba, Canada (her version)
- Silverlotus, Reflections in the Pond, Ontario, Canada
If you would like a chance to be the next stitcher please leave a comment on this post only. The next stitcher will be chosen on Sunday, July 10, 2011. The pattern will be mailed out on Monday, July 11th (as I go to yet another doctor appointment.)
If you have any questions, please email me.