Time for a Theme-a-licious update. This month I’m working on Teresa Wentzler’s Cutwork Compass Rose because I’d like to challenge myself by doing more hardanger/cutwork. And, I think it is coming along nicely.
I just managed to finish up all the parts that required the Honey Bronze Gloriana silk before running out. I really cut it close, partly due to a mistake I made earlier. I’m so glad I squeaked through with enough though, since Gloriana is $8/skein up here. Yikes!
The next step listed in the pattern is the cutwork. However, I’m planning to just do the borders for the cutwork and then move on to the specialty stitches that fill in the other areas. Once that is all done, I’ll come back to the cutwork. Since I always work in hand, I’d much prefer to keep the fabric as intact as possible for as long as possible.
I don’t think, though, that I will meet my goal of finishing this up this month. I just got part 2 of Lizzie*Kate’s Very Scary, and I’m happily working on it right now. Check out my Twitter feed for a wee picture.