I’m deep in the midst of doing a proper, through cleaning of my craft closet. I’m going very slowly, taking time to look through everything and decide if I’m keeping and where it needs to be stored. One good result from this is that I’ve rediscovered a lot of great WIPs and new projects I want to work on; one bad result is that I have come to the realization that my stash really is much too large. :/
But, what better way to whittle down one’s stash than to work on projects and complete them! One of the first things I fished out my messy stash as a little cross stitch kit I received a few months back.
I don’t know much about the kit. It is all in Chinese and included the chart, some adia, and the floss presorted on a card. I switched out the adia for a scrap of white evenweave, and stitched it with the included floss (which was very, very nice to work with and super soft). I think the finished piece is just lovely, and much prettier than the chart. Since there was no cover photo, it was a nice surprise to see it come together.
He is very small, about 60 x 60 stitches, and he worked up in the matter of a couple of days. It helps that there isn’t a lot of back stitching! The Chinese character on the right means Buddha, and I did debate leaving it off, but ultimately decided it looked nice.
I’m not sure what I’m going to do with him. Most likely he will just end up in my box full of finished but not finished finished projects. Oh well, at least it is one more kit out of the WIP pile.