Back in 2010 I attended a little retreat put on by a local needlework shop. (You can read all about it here.) Part of that retreat was a needlebook and scissor fob class with pretty dragonfly motifs. Although I liked the design, I wasn’t jazzed about the colour, so into the stash it went… where I found it again while doing that big purge last week.
I had finished up all of the large dragonfly (for the needlebook) ages ago, but got stalled on the scissor fob for some reason. It was pretty close to being done–one panel needed the border, and the other panel needed the honeycomb-like background and border. I was able to polish it off in an afternoon and get it all sewn together.
The fob is stitched with Gloriana silk, DMC floss, and Petite Treasure Braid. It uses blackwork, whipped backstitch, and a few specialty stitches. The cording is made out of the little bit of Gloriana and PTB I was able to save through thrifty stitching.
Kathrin actually charted out an entire alphabet with little dragonflies placed within each letter. It is a really lovely design, and is available for purchase on this page if you are interested in stitching it for yourself.
I still need to sew up the needlebook, but first I need to find the fabric I bought for it ages ago! Thankfully my sewing stash has been neatly organized. 😉