It is done! I could not be happier! I put the final stitches in on Sunday afternoon and sewed it up into a proper stocking today.
The pattern is Enchanted Ornaments Stocking from Dimensions. I stitched it using the floss and fabric included in the kit. I made a few changes; mostly leaving off the backstitched white snowflakes that were on the cuff and scattered around the rest of the stocking. I felt they looked too heavy when stitched with two strands (as the instructions had), but they were almost unnoticeable in one strand. So, I didn’t bother to do them. Instead, I added a few clear glass beads to give a bit of sparkle to the ornaments.
I love this robin! He is so bright and cheerful. I left him to the very last as a sort of reward for myself for getting to the end of all the stitching.
The other (very minor) change I made was to use a pre-made tassel for the bottom of this ornament rather than make one myself from included threads. I know tassels are easy to make, but mine always look a little wonky. This one is perfect. I’ve tacked it down at the top and at the band to ensure it doesn’t hang askew.
And, like all my other stockings, I took the time to line this one. Dimensions doesn’t include fabric or instructions for lining, but it is very easy to do. I used some white with silver glitter fabric that has probably been in my stash for nearly 20 years. It was clearly waiting for this exact project! 😉
I am so, so, so happy with how my stocking turned out. I can’t wait for Santa to fill it full of gifts!