Finished Fairy

On Thursday evening, I put the last bead into Halloween Fairy.

You know, that name is a bit confusing. There is the Mirabilia Halloween Fairy that was a limited edition kit, and then there was this Nora Corbett Halloween Fairy that was in the magazine. Maybe I should call her Trick or Treat Fairy. And there is also the fact she doesn’t have wings. Not much of a fairy, really. (And yeah, I didn’t notice the lack of wings until she was almost done…)

Anyway, here she is:


Halloween Fairy by Nora Corbett
Threads: DMC and Kreinik #4 braid
Beads: Mill Hill
Fabric: 32ct. Cashel in Cobblestone

I made a couple of changes: different colour backstitching for her gloves, left off one of the spiderwebs on the bottom left, and left off the top row of beads. I also added one extra black bead to her skirt in a place that looked like there should have been one.

That is finish #16 for my challenge. I may fall off the wagon a little this week, since I want to check out a yarn shop that carries a lot of non-animal fibre yarn. I’d love to pick up something to do some stockings, and I may look into buying some yarn to do the Diminishing Ribs Cardigan from the Spring 2009 Interweave Knits.

I’ve been working on Ackworth Swan Treasure Keep, knitting a dishcloth and crocheting what is becoming known as the Never Ending Blue Shawl of Doom. Hopefully I will have another finish this week.

This entry was posted in Cross Stitch and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to Finished Fairy