My adventures in chainmaille continue, although not as smoothly as I would like. Last month I ordered some supplies from Art Beads with the intention of making several pairs of earrings from instructions on Marilyn Gardiner’s website. Unfortunately, a lot of the rings turned out to be the wrong size. I don’t yet grok how interior, exterior and wire size all work together. (And Art Beads doesn’t list all the sizes the same for every item…)
Anyway, I still managed to end up with these very pretty earrings.
The pattern is a slightly modified version of her Mobius Flower earrings. I used silver-filled rings (which actually means a brass core covered in 925/10 silver) and sterling silver hooks. The new pliers I got for Christmas made putting these together so much easier than putting together the bracelet from the other month. With the supplies I have on hand, I should be able to make one more pair, and maybe a couple of other pairs of earrings. And then, well, it might be time to buy some more supplies.