I love Nora Corbett designs, but sometimes I’m not overly keen on the colours she uses. A case in point is her Letter H fairy from her Letters from Nora series, which as designed features a fairy in a yellow dress standing on a smoky grey letter. Yellow is one of my least favourite colours, so I knew I had to make some serious changes.
Here is the result (nearly done, just missing some beads, see below).
For the cross stitches I made the following changes:
- Smoke becomes Cool Azul
- Amber Waves becomes Plum Paisley
- Cobbled Peach becomes DMC 754
- Eve’s Leaves becomes DMC 471 + 472
- Vintage Violet becomes Cloud (this means that the wings do not change colour where they cross the letter)
For back stitch I made these changes:
- Wisconsin Woods becomes Hickory Sticks
- Smoke becomes DMC 3799 for the vines and Cool Azul for the letter flourishes
And the beads where changes like this:
- 02019 becomes 02024 for dress hem and wings and a matte, grape-purple for the hair and flowers (they are Mill Hill beads, but I don’t know what colour number)
- 02045 becomes 02022
- 12147 becomes 12209
The fabric is a Silkweaver solo, 32ct. Lugana.
Oooh I love your conversion and as it’s “my” letter I may have to add this to my wish list for my next stitching shopping spree.
so happy you posted the colours you used absolutely hate the yellow and I want to make this for a friends daughter!!