My quest to create my own thread kit for Victoria Sampler’s Where Stitchers Gather has been pretty successful.
I scavenged through the threads I had left over from some other Victoria Sampler designs I have finished, and I was able to get enough (I hope!) black and white Kreinik Mori to stitch the design. (It actually calls for the black and white to be Au ver a Soie, but who really cares?) I also found enough #4 braid in Vatican gold, Flesh NPI, Olive Green lt. Mori, and an entire spool of Soie Perlee. And, I was very pleased to discover that I had some GAST Highland Heather in my stash already. (I bet I just bought it because of the name. lol!) For the blue-green-grey NPI, I managed to find an odd dye lot NPI that I got as a sample years ago that I think looks fabulous with all the other colours. And, as for the rest, I’ll be using DMC (yay for conversion charts) and a couple of colours of GAST.
I do need to buy a spool of #4 braid in 713 since I don’t have anything that will make a good substitute.
I decided to stitch the smallest component first, to get an idea of how well the colours work together. It isn’t quite done, as I need the pink #4 braid and I also need to pick a different pale pink (I couldn’t find a conversion for that particular silk, so I’m doing it by eye). Overall, though, I’m very pleased! I can’t wait to stitch more.
Great job! That takes a lot of time and a good eye to do that! Test flower looks good.
You are so fortunate to have found all the necessary floss. This is going to be a gorgeous piece!