I’ve finally finished my Canvaswork Dragon! (Except for some beads for the corners of the corner squares.)
I am very, very pleased with how he turned out, especially since I picked most of the fibres and colours myself. But I’m still not totally sure about the colour inside the wings…
I used DMC Perle Cotton #3, Flair, Arctic Rays, Watercolours, DMC Satin, Vineyard Classic Silk, and a couple of other fibres. And it was just so fun to play around with fibres that I’ve never used before. (I’m not looking forward to using Flair again, though…)
Using a bunch of different stitches was fun too. I used Upright Cross in the eyes, Hungarian stitch for the body of the dragon, Florentine in the border, and a bunch of other stitches all over the place. I even picked out stitch that I didn’t think worked. That was a really big step for me, since I really hate taking out any of my work.
I can’t wait to do more canvaswork. 😀