Here is this week’s Friday Five.
1. Is the name you have now the same name that’s on your birth certificate? If not, what’s changed?
Yes, it is the same. However, I am getting married in about a year, so I might change my last name then. Although, I’m really not sure. It’s a difficult decision
2. If you could change your name (first, middle and/or last), what would it be?
I used to dream about changing my name when I was younger. I wanted a first name that could be shortened into a cute nickname, and I wanted a middle name that was a bit more elegant. And most of all, I wanted initials that weren’t so silly – HEH just didn’t cut it. But now that I’ve grown, I’ve come to appreciate my name. I’m still not overly fond of my middle name, so I just don’t use it very often. Besides, I’ve got an alias, why would I need to change my real name? 🙂
3. Why were you named what you were? (Is there a story behind it? Who specifically was responsible for naming you?)
My parent’s were originally expecting a boy, who they were planning on naming Dennis. I came as a bit of a surprise, but they picked my name more or less because there was no way to shorten it into a nickname. Why that was an issue, I have no idea.
4. Are there any names you really hate or love? What are they and why?
I’m not really keen on the name Michelle. No offense to any Michelles who may be reading this. My problem with that name is that when someone forgets my name, I am, without fail, called Michelle by them. It’s very odd. This has happened many times with people who do not know each other, or who I have not mentioned this fact to.
5. Is the analysis of your name at kabalarians.com accurate? How or how isn’t it?
It is somewhat accurate. I don’t think that I am particularly refined or easy-going, although I’d like to be. I do find myself in a bit of a rut right now, although I’m not sure it is procrastination. I think I am rather sympathetic, and I do think that I have been taken advantage of in the past because of that. And I am the sort of person that people like to share their problems with, and I do my best to help or offer some good advice. I also do lack self-confidence.