One of my goals last month was to put together a monthly ornament club for myself. I unashamedly stole borrowed the idea from Erica of Erica’s Places. However, I didn’t get around to doing it last month because my printer lost its mind. My printer hasn’t gotten any better, but since I’m still stuck with this cold and not capable of doing much beyond knitting simple garter stitch slippers and playing video games, I decided to get out all my old Just Cross Stitch ornament issues to see what there was to see.
Since I have all 14 past issues of the “official” ornament issue, and there are also 14 months (not including this month) until Christmas next year (if you include December 2011), I thought it would be a nice idea to pick one ornament from each issue. So, my list is this:
- 1997 – Santa Bellpull – Carol Emmer Designs
- 1998 – Hollyberry Heart – Sweetheart Tree
- 1999 – Hardanger Ornament – Nordic Needle
- 2000 – Holly Leaves – Jemini Designs
- 2001 – Home for Christmas – Julia Lucas Designs
- 2002 – Five Gold Rings – Flower Thread Company/Meg Shinall
- 2003 – Victorian Christmas Tree – Sue Hillis
- 2004 – Peace Tree – M Designs
- 2005 – Britty Christmas Kitty – Brittercup Designs
- 2006 – 2006 Santa – Vermillion Stitchery
- 2007 – Sugar and Lace – Victoria Sampler
- 2008 – Deck the Windows – Julia Lucas Designs
- 2009 – Gingerbread Scissors Keep – Victoria Sampler
- 2010 – You are My Gift – Dragon Dreams
Originally, my goal was not to duplicate designers, but I couldn’t help myself. For some years it was really hard to pick an ornament that I knew I would still be excited about months from now. For one year I even had to have my husband pick an ornament since there wasn’t really one I was in love with.
We shall see how this goes, but hopefully I will have 14 lovely Christmas ornaments for my three next year. I still need to figure out fabrics and pick up a few minor supplies, but I know I will have this ready to go for November.
And to switch gears to Halloween, today is day 3 of Missy Ann and Annette’s 31 Days of Halloween. Head over to Annette’s blog to enter today’s draw.