A Tea Tin Pin Cushion

I absolutely forgot all about sharing this! A week ago Wednesday I took a class at my LNS’s stitching night, and this is what I made:

Tetley Pin Cushion Tin

Isn’t this a super cute little pin cushion tin? It uses just a little bit of fabric, some foam, and one of these Tetley Tea tins. The drawback? Tetley tea costs $5! The plus? I’ve actually started drink tea again and there are a lot of great flavours to choose from. (I am very picky about my tea. I like green tea and a few varieties of Chinese teas, and that is about it.) So, you can bet that I’m going to be making a few more of these.

And guess what is inside: my burgeoning button collection!

I’d also like to public say thank you to Erica of Erica’s Places for the very generous and very appreciated RAK she sent me today. 🙂 You made my day, Erica. Thank you so much for being such a wonderful person.

This entry was posted in Crafts and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to A Tea Tin Pin Cushion

1. Gen says:

I figured you’d be a tea drinker, lol, if I had known you were needing a tetley tin I could ahve saved one or two for you, I am a tea drinker, lol, do you remember Grandpa putting his hot tea spoon on the back of of your hand 🙂

2. Erica says:

I love the pincushion – you did a great job with it. I’m sorry I can’t go to things like that anymore. Have you tried the Tetley Vanilla Rooibos? It’s one of my favourites (and I’m not a huge Tetley tea fan either)!

Glad you enjoyed your little RAK. Everyone needs one once in a while! 🙂 (And after the battering my self-esteem has taken in the last couple of weeks, I appreciate the boost)

3. Another vote for Tetley Vanilla Rooibos – it’s my favourite! If you wait for the right sales, you can get it at 2 for $5 and stock up (that’s why I have 4 tins in my cupboard right now!)

It always bugs me to have to throw the packages away (they aren’t recyclable) – I’ll try to take a leaf from your book and make something cute with them in future 🙂

4. Christine says:

Guess I need to start saving my Tetley tea tins. And add my vote for their Vanilla Rooibos!! I have some wonderful other Rooibos teas from the tea shop in the St. Jacobs market and the tea shop in Niagara on the Lake. Highly recommend both.

Oh, what’s an RAK?

Christine

5. Missy Ann says:

Adorable! I love the fabric you chose. It’s perfect.

6. Annie says:

How adorable is that! I have to check out those tins. I’m pretty picky about my teas, but I’m a sucker for nice tin!

7. Lindsay says: