After looking back on my unfulfilled 2010 goals, I’ve decided that I need to be a little gentler with myself this year. Cross stitch, knitting, and the like are about enjoyment not meeting deadlines and filing quotas. (Except, of course, when they are. Like when I knit socks for other people. Oh, and Christmas knitting.)
I wanted this year’s goals to focus on things I really enjoy doing. Hopefully, when I look back in December, I will have a big pile of finished items that I had a great time working on.
- Complete all 12 remaining ornaments in my personal ornament-of-the-month club (one per month)
- Complete all 12 pairs of socks in my personal sock-of-the-month club (one per month)
- Stitch Joan Elliot’s 12 Days of Christmas for my mom
- Knit a cardigan for my mom to wear when she visits the Vatican in June
- Complete Victoria Sampler’s Christmas Treasures and have it mounted in its box before December
- Complete the four Victoria Sampler alphabet samplers I have
- Finish Enchanting Lair’s Kitchen Blessing for my husband
- Finally decide on a birth sampler for Baby Man and finish it
- Improve my sewing skills
I do have one more goal, and it is kind of a big one. I’d like to try to stitch from stash this year. Oh, I know it is deadly to say that out loud. I’ve just about guaranteed my failure. But, if I allow myself two small shopping excursions (Gitta’s Getaway Needleworkers’ Marketplace and the CreativFestival), then I think I can manage. And, of course, any potential release by Teresa Wentzler.
Truthfully, this last goal is already killing me. I’d love to have the new Cherry Wood Design Studio limited edition design, but I’m trying to convince myself I can live without it. 🙂