Ornament Frustrations

I’ve made a bit of progress on my ornament of the month (Deck the Windows by Julia Lucas).

Deck the Windows by Julia Lucas

I think it is looking pretty good. But, last night I realized that I had a problem. You see, the model is stitched on a tea-dyed linen. No big deal, you may think. We all change fabric colours all the time. Well, unfortunately, the bricks around the window are only added in using backstitch. That’s fine for a darker linen, but I’m not sure it will look right on the white I am using. I am thinking of giving it a try though, and changing the white flower box below the window to a light grey. All I know for sure is that I don’t want to stitch this again.

I also wanted to let everyone know that Daffycat of It’s Daffycat is having a a wonderful giveaway. Check out her blog for a chance to win a love fob and scissors set, and a cute little gnome needleminder.

This entry was posted in Cross Stitch and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Ornament Frustrations

  1. cucki says:

    your ornament stitching is so sweet..keep well and have a lovely day xx

  2. Annie says:

    That’s a cute design. You might be able to do the bricks in a darker shade so they show up better.

  3. Pingback: Chirstmas Stamp | Reflections in the Pond