Hello, Smalls Stitchers! With the year starting to wind up, I am sure your minds are already turning towards your 2016 stitching plans. And, I hope you will consider joining me for the 3rd iteration of the Smalls SAL.
The Smalls SAL is a monthly stitch-along (SAL) where the participants stitch a small design and share it on their blogs. On the check-in day, they stop by my blog and add their link to the check-in list, and hopefully also visit the blogs of some other participants. The check-in form remains open for one week, so you’ve got lots of time to add your link.
You may be wondering what a small is. Well, it is really up to you. A small is just a little design, maybe 25×25 stitch, or perhaps 100×100 stitches. You decide. (Chunks of large designs don’t count, unless they are discrete designs within a larger piece. E.g. separated by frames/borders within the piece.) It is also your decision with regards to finishing it into an ornament, biscornu or what-have-you. All you need to have done by the check-in day is the stitching. Everything else is bonus.
You don’t need to share the designs you will be stitching ahead of time. Heck, you don’t even need to report in ever month. This is a low pressure SAL, meant to provided inspiration and a little bit of accountability every month. Join in when you can and skip a month or two if you have too.
There is one prize, though. For every month you check-in with a completed small, you will get one entry into the end of the year draw. The prize will be stitching related, but I’m not going to share any more details right now. 😉
Interested? Great! Here are the rules:
- Stitch a small every month. You get to decide what a small is for you. 50×50 stitches? 100×100 stitches? It’s up to you. You just need to be able to get it done by the check-in day. (WIP smalls that you complete in time for the check-in are great too!) You pick your design, I do not provide designs.
- Post a picture of your completed small (stitching done, but the actual finishing is optional) on the last Thursday of every month, with the exception of November, which will be the last Wednesday.
- Hop over here to my blog and add a comment to the current month’s check-in post to get an entry into the end of the year draw.
- You do not need to post a finish every month! Stitch what you can when you can, and check-in whenever you have a qualifying finish.
- The SAL is open to new participants all year. You can join in whenever you’d like. The more the merrier!
Also, please consider using the above graphic to link back to this page so other people can find out about the SAL and join in the fun.
The check-in dates for 2016 are as follows:
- January 28
- February 25
- March 31
- April 28
- May 26
- June 30
- July 28
- August 25
- September 29
- October 27
- November 30 Note that this is the last Wednesday of the month.
- December 29
Need a Reminder?
Want to make sure you never forget a check-in post? Sign up for my mailing list using the form below and I will send out an email every month after I post up the check-in post. I will be using TinyLetter again this year to help manage the mailing list.
Interested in joining up? Just add you link to the list below. If you can’t get the form to work, please send me an email and I will add you manually. (In the link title field please enter either your blog name or your name; it is your choice.)