Despite dealing with a little man who is teething (tooth #8 has poked through, and tooth #9 appears to be on the way), I have found some time to finish up a few projects.
Yesterday, while watching the service man repair my broken fridge freeze, I finished up my very first pair of knitted socks! I made something I can wear!! (Yes, I am excited.) The socks are just a basic pattern taught in a class I took at my LYS (Village Yarns in Etobicoke, ON). I used Dale of Norway Stork (colour #14). It isn’t really sock yarn, but a requirement of the class is to purchase supplies at the shop, and they don’t carry any non-animal fibre sock yarns, so I made due. The socks turned out well, but far from perfect.
I’ve already learning from my mistakes, and am doing much better on my second pair: Pink Camo Pedi Socks using Bernat Sox.
And yesterday afternoon I stitched up this little design, Snowflakes by Bucilla. It is a wee kit that includes a frame. I have three more of these, in different designs, and I will probably use them as package ties this Christmas.
So, that is 3 more finishes for my challenge, plus one almost done. I think I’m doing well. Good thing, since I have my eye on a new Jeanette Douglas design (Take Time to Read) and there are two Châtelaine groups I would love to join. I will try to harden my resolve, but I really want that Jeanette Douglas chart.