As always, I’m a day late and a dollar short. Yesterday was another stinking hot day, which we braved to head over to our tiny farmers’ market. It is held at Montgomery’s Inn, a heritage site here in Toronto/Etobicoke. We didn’t buy any veggies this week (there are very few vendors, and they mainly sell fruit and expensive organic veggies), but we did get some fabulous lemonade, meat pies (the flaky pastry kind), and some baked goods. Yum!
With the heat, it is really hard to believe we are already two days into September. It feels just like the first week of August out there, but the cooler breeze and the odd splash of colour in the trees proves that Autumn in on the way. I usually try to make Fall the season were I try to get organized, but it generally doesn’t happen. The last quarter of the year gets very busy for me, with weekend after weekend full of activities, family birthdays and anniversaries. I look forward to it, and to the cooler weather that invites us to cuddle inside.
Anyway, my September goals:
- Update my cross stitch supply database
- Set up a personal monthly sock club
- Set up a personal ornament of the month club (thank you to Erica for this idea)
- Finish my punch needle kit (the replacement thread arrived about 2 weeks ago)
- Knit or crochet two pairs of slippers for charity
- Finish my long languishing Rosebud Socks
- Start and finish Terrapin Lace Socks for a Ravelry KAL
- Finish the inner border on Kitchen Blessings
- Start and make good progress on TW’s Playful Kittens
I guess I’d better get moving if I’m going to accomplish all of that!