Well, not really. But I did get out the old needle and thread to finish up this guy:
You may remember that I originally shared a picture of him back in April. I ordered the eyes almost right away, but I was unhappy with how his head looked, so I kept putting off finishing him up. A few days ago I hauled him out of my mass of stash in the closet, unstuffed him, and tried to fix his forehead. I didn’t do quite as good a job as I would have liked, but he still looks cute. I’m also a little disappointed with his eyes. I used 15mm eyes, but I think 12mm eyes would have looked a little better. Regardless, he is still a really cute little guy.
I also got out my sewing machine and made a couple of pouches. This one…
and a very small one out of car and road fabric that has disappeared into Baby Man’s mass of cars. This is a super easy pattern from Lazy Girl Designs, which I discovered thanks to Erica. (Yes, I’ve been copying borrowing a lot of ideas from her lately. She’s a creative woman, what can I say.) I can see a bunch more of these in my future, including a larger car one for Baby Man, as per his request.
You know, I actually do enjoy sewing. But I need so much room to spread out the sewing machine, self-healing board, iron, etc., etc. and a small-ish condo with an active toddler in residence just isn’t the place to do that all the time. Hopefully, though, I can figure out a way to do things in batches. And, uh, not misplace what it is I want to work on. (Don’t ask.)