I’m sure you are all pretty aware that my attempt to stitch a small TW design every month didn’t work out so well. 2012 turned out to be a much busier year than I was expecting, and I flitted from project to project as the mood struck me.
Now, I will admit that it is pretty fun to go crazy and stitch whatever I’d like. And I did even manage to finish some really great designs, but overall I ended up with a whole lot of half-finish or just-started projects that are now driving me crazy!! (It looks like I started 15 new projects, including classes, that I haven’t finished.)
S0, 2013… what to do? I’ve already got a lot on the go, and lots of things I want to finish. There are things I know I need more of (Halloween ornaments for one), and things I don’t need at all (big pictures for my walls that no longer have any free space). And there are things I know I love to stitch (ornaments, dragons, Christmas-themed things). Well, taking that all under consideration, what could I do but decided to stitch a Christmas ornament a month, focusing on designs by Jennifer Aikman-Smith of Dragon Dreams. The best place to find a bunch of those is, of course, the Just Cross Stitch ornament issues.
In no particular order, the list of ornaments I plan to stitch are:
- O Holey Knight by Dragon Dreams (2000)
- Holiday Keepsake Bellpull by Dragon Dreams (1999)
- St. George’s Gift by Dragon Dreams (1998?)
- Not a Creature was Stirring by Dragon Dreams (2001)
- Never Too Big by Dragon Dreams (2004)
- Snowflake of Hope by Dragon Dreams (2011)
- Peace on Earth Dragon by Dragon Dreams (2003?)
- Paws Off by Dragon Dreams (2005)
- Spend Time Together by Dragon Dreams (2009)
- Joy Snowflake by Dragon Dreams (2012 Creativ Festival class)
- whatever 2013’s JCS Dragon Dreams ornament is!
- ??? Maybe something from the 2013 Creativ Festival?
And, of course, I’ll also try to work on all the 12 dragonlets Jennifer is planning to release before Christmas. The first three have been added to the Dragon Dreams Facebook page.
So, is anyone interested in joining me in a monthly ornament SAL? You don’t have to stitch the same ornaments, just one ornament (for any holiday) every month. Let me know in the comments, and if there is enough interest I’ll organize something! There may be prizes!
How about some inspiration? Here’s the Dragon Dreams ornament from the 2012 Just Cross Stitch ornament issue.
The fabric is some sort of natural linen, 32 count. I used HDF in Old Maid of the Forest for the dark green and Dragon Heart for the red. The light green is from a Dinky Dyes Oops Pack, and the gold is a PTB.