Smalls SAL – September Check-In

Welcome to the last Wednesday of September, stitchers! You’ve now made it through nine months of stitching smalls, and there are only three months left to go. I bet you are feeling pretty productive. I know I am.

Fire Dragon, designed by Teresa Wentzler

Fire Dragon, designed by Teresa Wentzler

This month I stitched Fire Dragon by Teresa Wentzler. It is the companion piece to Water Dragon by Jennifer Aikman-Smith of Dragon Dreams, and was taught as a class at the fall 2009 Creativ Festival.

Fire Dragon (designed by Teresa Wentzler) and Water Dragon (designed by Jennifer Aikman-Smith)

Now that we are rounding the home stretch, I’ve been thinking about what to do next year. We’ve done ornaments and we’ve done smalls. And, if you are like me, you have a lot of little designs sitting around waiting to be finished. So, I thought I would ask all of you what you would like to do for a SAL next year.

What would you like to do for a SAL in 2015?

• Let's keep stitching smalls! I have so many more to do. (52%, 27 Votes)
  • Let's do a finishing SAL. I've got lots of things that need to be finish finished. (29%, 15 Votes)
  • Let's go back to ornaments. Christmas, Easter, Halloween, and more! (15%, 8 Votes)
  • I think I'll just sit next year out, thanks. (4%, 2 Votes)

Total Voters: 52

Loading ... Loading ...

Back to this month. πŸ˜‰ What did you stitch? Let me know by filling out the form below. Don’t forget, for every month you finish something and leave your link you get an entry into the end of the year draw. I’m still not 100% sure what the prize will consist of, but I promise it will be something stitchy.

October Check-In: The next check-in will take place on October 29th.

This entry was posted in Cross Stitch and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Smalls SAL – September Check-In

1. Suz says:

Your smalls are adorable. Congrats on Fire Dragon! I keep meaning to get to that one!

2. Dani says:

I love that TW!!!

3. Emma says:

Sadly I fell off the wagon after a few months πŸ™ I would love to try again next year! x

4. Thoeria says:

I love your dragons Heather! How will you finish these?

5. Anna says:

I would be good with any of the options except not doing it! πŸ™‚ (FWIW, I voted for finishing.)

6. Blu says:

Lovely finish!

I got the date of the final Wednesday wrong and didn’t finish my biscornu. But I’ve had a good run so far, and I’ve noted October’s last Wednesay down properly ;D

7. sheryl says:

I like the colours of this fire dragon better than the water dragon – hot colours seem more appropriate

8. Sandy Longan says:

Beautiful dragons, Heather. Wish I could have vote for more than one in your poll. I love stitchin’ smalls, but have so many things to finish as well.

Take Care & Happy Stitchin’
    Hugs, Sandy

9. Angela Ng says:

Wow.. What a fiery looking dragon.. I’ve cast a vote too.. Love the small sal link up.. πŸ™‚
    See yah next month.. πŸ™‚

10. Jan says:

Like Dani says…. Love that TW Dragon!!!!

11. Pingback: Smalls SAL AUGUST 2014 Check In | Azura Chan

12. Joanne P says:

Oh poop! I had the date written down wrong, I was going to do a dual post with Theme-a-licious on the 30th instead of with the TUSAL on the 24th!

I voted for general smalls for next year because then people can stitch for Hallowe’en or Christmas or dragons or whatever they like.

13. Gorgeous fire dragon!! Someday I will get to that one, too!

Hmm, I voted for ornaments, but now that I’m thinking about it, ornaments are small…they’re not technically “smalls”, but I’m cheating this year and counting them, so I’ll probably cheat next year, too. πŸ˜‰ I should have voted for finishing…I really need some “finishiative”!!!

14. Pingback: September SALs | Stitching Lotus