Last week I started working on Interweave’s Central Park Hoodie. It is my first attempt at knitting an adult sized garment. Erring on the side of caution, I have cast on a bust size that should provide me with plenty of ease, allowing me to wear heavy clothing under it. But I’m making the length that corresponds to the smallest size since I am quite short. (I think I am the right height, the rest of the world just disagrees.) Today, I finished the back!
The colour in the picture is way off. I’m using Elann’s Super Cable Aran in Aubergine, which is more brown-purple than the blue-purple above. I think it is turning out wonderfully. I’m being brave by making changes to the length and by shaping the shoulders with short rows rather than the bind off method called for in the pattern. I hope it turns out well in the end. If not, I guess I just chalk it up to a learning experience and cast on something else.
I’m also happy to report that I have already cast on for the left front, rather than casting on these lovely RPM socks from Knitty. I’m trying to stay fairly monogamous to this project. Well, by that I mean it is my only knitting project, not my only project. My goodness, I’d go crazy if that were the case.
And speaking of which, here is how Baby Man’s stocking is coming along.
I’m hoping to make progress on the bag tonight after doing my ironing. (Yes Mom, I never did get to it last night. Oh well!)
Lastly, for those of you interested, Part 5 of Papillon Creations’ SAL Castles in the Air is avaliable. I didn’t get the email, but I saw on one of the boards I frequent that it is out and I’ve downloaded it. It is a lovely line of vases for above the peacocks.