I’m so proud of myself! I’ve finished another project from this year’s CreativFestival. This time it is Hidden Treasures by Enchanting Lair.
It is stitched with Gloriana and Belle Soie silks, beads, Kreniek braid, and a pewter charm. It will eventually be mounted on top of a round box, but I need to wait for Laura to send me one. (There is a long story there, involving her granddaughter.)
I’m very pleased by all that I’ve managed to get finished. I think, if I put off Christmas gifts a little bit, I could get nearly everything done in another week or two.
My excitement at all my accomplishments has wanned a little bit, though. I went poking around in my stash for some felt to finish up a couple of crochet designs, and I came across some kits from last year’s CreativFestial. No problem, really, since I knew I still had a lot of them to finish. And then I came across the kits from the year before… Yikes. I thought I only had one more of those left to do. So, those kits have been added to my CreativFestival pile, and I still need to hunt around and pull out a few more. I figure, counting the DD/TW joint classes as one, I have:
- Celtic Charm by Enchanting Lair
- Hanging About by Enchanting Lair
- Whitework Dragon by Dragon Dreams
- Live Fully Sampler by Dragon Dreams
- Huck Weaving towel by Christine Allen
- Here be Tiny Dragons by Dragon Dreams & Teresa Wentzler
- Winter Keep and Summer Keep by Dragon Dreams & Teresa Wentzler
- Cutwork Compass Rose by Teresa Wentzler
- Celtic Thunder bourse by Enchanting Lair (and the finishing on the other pieces of the set)
- First Dragon Encounter by Dragon Dreams
- Dragon’s Lullaby by Dragon Dreams
- Tiny Torture Sampler by Dragon Dreams
- Delightful Dragon Fob by Teresa Wentzler
- Celtic Sewing Box by Enchanting Lair (didn’t take class, but bought kit)
- Enchanted Garden by Enchanting Lair (didn’t take class, but bought kit)
Fifteen class pieces to finish! Fifteen! I used to have a rule that I needed to finish pieces from the past year before I signed up for the next year. Clearly I gave that up a while back.
I’m trying not to consider all of this a setback. Rather, it is an opportunity to revisit some designs I really love and to remember the good times I had in the classes.
In happier news, I won day 27 of Missy Ann and Annette’s 31 Days of Halloween. Yay!! There are still a few days left for you to win. (I don’t mind, now that I’ve won. 😉 ) Head over to enter at Missy Ann’s for day 28.