As promised, here is a picture of my finished Kitchen Blessings from Enchanting Lair.
I made a lot of changes to this design. The biggest, and most obvious, is changing the colours of the silk. (You can see the original design here.) I used Dinky Dyes Aussie Gold for the lighter gold and Cobar for the darker gold. The fabric was specially dyed for me by Cath of Country Stitch (it is her Firecracker at 1.5 x strength; and thank you for Cath for all your help). I recharted the border partly because I found a couple of errors in it, and partly because my husband wanted it to be spaced a little different.
Overall, I am very, very pleased with how it turned out. So much so that I am very worried about finishing it. I want to turn it into a bellpull, but I’m worried about sewing straight, etc. I’d also love to find a variegated gold thread to use for the finishing, but so far I haven’t been able to find what I’m looking for. I suppose what I really need to do is just pull myself together and finish the darn thing.